Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One of the happiest days of April. Happiest, in fact. Even happier than the days I got app notifs. Warmth I felt from my relatives was a totally different emotion. I felt light, and liberated, and free today. So there was a workshop and to sum it all up, we moved to music, walked around using the four natural body dispositions. Doing all those actions without a care about how others look at you is one of the best feelings on earth. Just let loose. The lightness I experienced was simply amazing. Also, through the group work, I realised I am only selectively attentive (tend to ignore those who annoy me). I should also be more observant and be present for them. All people.

On the way home, (actually talked a little more to -and smiled at- my coursemates whom i'm usually reserved around) I dropped by a friend's place just to "pass it on". A pack of snacks. I don't know, when everything's so sunny and positive you JUST feel like doing nice things. But the reaction I got helped me realise that "spreading happiness" does not only mean doing whatever you feel like for the person. It's like being a sun when the person's under the shade in the first place. Maybe spreading happiness means to first know what the person wants, and providing for that need. Maybe.

While walking to my piano tutee's place this afternoon, I thought about what people have done for me last year, and I thought about my friend who's now in a similar situation. There's something I want to offer. There's something I can offer.

Okay this whole positivity thing isn't really "me", but let's just bask in it while it lasts. (usually doesn't) Warmth and lightness :)

-

THIS VIDEO! Kindness boomerang - one day

No comments: